My Storybook Favorites


A Whole New World
  • I've always been a big fan of Disney's Aladdin, so the title of this topic immediately appealed to me. I was already familiar with the story of Aladdin told in the Disney movie, however it was interesting to see the author's twist on the story. The Introduction of the Storybook also provided, not only a summary of Disney's Aladdin story, but also foreshadowed the individual stories told by the author. It also gave an introduction to each of the characters in the story. The Introduction also was interesting and made me want to read more.  The layout and design of the page was also intriguing and included a photo of Aladdin, calling to his princess from below. The test was also laid out in a way that presented the information in a clear manner that was well organized. I liked that the pages and stories were organized by each character in the story, and that an Author's Note was provided for each story that compared and contrasted the original story from the story with the author's twists. 

  • Before reading this Storybook, I had actually already heard rumors of the ghost stories at OU. For that reason, the title really stuck out to me. The Introduction section of this Storybook was extremely creative and made me want to immediately read more! This Introduction was especially interesting because it added a "scare" factor into it, that warned from continuing to read. The design also included pictures of some of the haunted buildings at OU. The design of this Storybook included an interactive story that allowed me to pick the next part of the story, which altered the result of the next part. I would like to include something similar in my Storybook. 

  • Previous to reading this Storybook, I had been familiar with the Wizard of Oz story, however, I thought that this twist was extremely clever and creative. The title was also very clear and foreshadowed the events of the Storybook well. This Introduction was also written in a very creative manner and was told from the perspective of one of the characters, "Princess Ozma". A picture was also present on the Introduction page, which showed a few of the characters from the stories. The layout of this section was also very organized and easy to understand, which made me want to read more. I liked that each of the stories provided photos of each of the characters being explained in the stories. A visual representation of the witches made the stories even more interesting. I would like to include photos in my Storybook that illustrate the stories as well. 

The marvelous land of Oz. Web Source: Wikimedia Commons.

Comments

  1. Hi Lindsay!! I already commented on your introduction, so I chose a different post to comment on. It is crazy to me because I remember that "A Whole New World" and "Ghost Stories of OU" were two of the storybooks that stood out to me too!! I agree with you that Aladdin is such a great story and it is definitely one of my favorites as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts