Tick Tock Tick.... Thoughts on Useful Time Strategies

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've told someone, "Oh... I'm too busy"...

I feel like, especially in college, almost every action I complete or activity I participate in, only happens if "time permits". Rather than doing this, I was reminded through "The Myth of 'Too Busy'" that instead of letting the clock be in control, it is important to make a conscious effort to decide for myself what I prioritize with the time I have. Looking at my current situation, I recognize that this is not how I manage my time at the moment, but that is something that I want to work on.. In addition to this, the article made an interesting point that it is important to cut out the unnecessary things from life if you can. I totally agree with this and am already aware of some things I can cut out (NETFLIX!!! Can anyone else relate?!).

I also really enjoyed reading "Eat the Frogs First Thing in the Morning (and other Better Work Habits)". I especially like the point that the author made about not saying "yes" to things that don't make you happy or help you work towards your future goals and aspirations. I'm a sucker at saying "yes" too often and putting my eggs in too many baskets, which ends up making me beyond anxious and stressed, making me not enjoy the things that I committed to in the first place.

I look forward to using these strategies, not only in this course, but in other places and courses. As stated above, I struggle with saying "yes" too often and over-booking my schedule, so that will be my biggest challenge this semester. I hope to keep these strategies in mind, prioritizing my time how I want to and focusing on the things that matter most to me. Woo!

Brand-New Week
(Image from: Learning by HEART blog)

Comments

Popular Posts