Week 2 Reading Overview


My Tentative Reading Schedule:

Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Adam and Eve

Week 4: Bible Women

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Ancient Egypt

Week 6: Indian

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Nigeria

Week 9
: Brer Rabbit

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: American Indian Tales

Week 11: Marriage Tales

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12
: Nursery Rhymes

Week 13
: Celtic Tales

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14
: Hunt

Week 15
: Librivox

Upon exploring the UN-Textbook, I am extremely excited for the vast variety of stories I have yet to read. Specifically, I am most looking forward to reading the stories present in the British and/or Celtic units and from the European units because I feel as if these stories will be the most familiar to me. Although I'm familiar with several of the stories in these units, I'm excited to read more in depth and see the twists that are present among them that are different from what I know. Below is a photo from the Hänsel and Gretel story from the Brothers Grimm (Hunt) unit, one that I'm very excited to read!!! This photo stood out to me due to it's unique style and choice of colors. 


File:Raxstraße 15 Nr. 7-27 Hänsel und Gretel.JPG
(Photo found in Hänsel and Gretel story, Source: Wikimedia )

Comments

Popular Posts