Week 8 Comments and Feedback

In the first half of the semester, I have received high-quality feedback on both my blog posts and my StoryBook project. As the class has progressed, I have noticed that the comments I have been receiving have been way more beneficial and helpful to my writing. The best kinds of comments are those that point out things that I didn't pick up on myself. It makes me take a step back and evaluate how my writing is coming across.

The quality of comments that I have left for others has also improved significantly. I have really come to like the WWW strategy and think that it has allowed me to leave well-rounded comments. Reading other people's work has also allowed me to learn and appreciate different styles of writing. These different styles have inspired me to try new things in my own writing, which is cool.

I think that the blog comments have served as a great outlet in getting to know new people. It has been really cool to reconnect with classmates in which I have checked out their introduction posts and come back later to read their stories. I am extremely happy with how my introduction post has provided a space for me to share about myself and have others get to know me as well.

In the future, I want to make my feedback assignments even more well-rounded so that I may leave others with the best advice I can offer. I also think that it would be useful to read the comments on my previous stories before writing new ones, so that those ideas will be fresh and can be better applied to my future writing.

The following image is one that I think is so important for everyone, especially me and my fellow students, to understand. It is totally okay and is sometimes even beneficial for us to fail at things, if we know how to learn from them. However, none of us are defined by the failure. 

(I may fail, but I am never a failure. Source: Growth mindset and feedback cats blog).

Comments

Popular Posts