Famous Last Words: The Last One!

So Long, Farewell!


I am so so so sad that I am almost done with this course. It has taught me so much and has given me an opportunity to express my creative side - a side that I don't often have the opportunity to express with my major. This semester has been particularly challenging, especially due to the other classes that I am taking. However, creating blog posts on a daily basis has given me time to relax and de-stress in a sense!


In addition to serving as a stress reliever, this class has taught me a lot about managing my time and focusing on things other than solely academic success. Previous to this class, that was one of my main focuses. I am grateful, however, that I have learned about the growth mindset and more about intelligence as a whole. Intelligence is much more than academic ability and, actually, extends far beyond it. I have also learned that mistakes should be treated as learning stepping stones. Rather than treating mistakes with dread, they should instead be viewed as an opportunity for growth.


My writing ability has also been strengthened significantly from the assignments in this course, in addition to the constructive critiques that I have received from my classmates. I have never before received this much help in my other courses or connected with so many new people. Connecting with new people has been one of my favorite parts of this course… Everyone has such unique interests, hobbies, and writing styles that have made me want to keep learning more. I look forward to keeping in touch with some of the people I have met through this class and can’t wait to come back later and read through my own blog posts. 

Sooooo, so long and farewell!

File:Mary Martin in The Sound of Music by Toni Frissell.jpg
(The sound of music - my favorite story. Source: Wikimedia Commons)

Comments

Popular Posts