Learning Challenge: Trying Deskercise

So, I thought it might be fun to explore some different learning challenges this week...

When I came across the concept of deskercise, I got really excited and had to research a little more into it. Being a Pre-PT major, I think that this concept is one that should be implemented into everyone's daily routine, especially when most of your day is spent sitting in a chair.

After doing a little research, I found a few exercises that I tried myself and really liked. Here they are...

  1. Butt Crunches:
    1. If you clench your gluteus maximus muscles repeatedly and hold for a few seconds, it works to strengthen the muscles. This can easily be done while sitting in a desk chair. I really like this exercise because you can do it without everyone around you knowing what you are doing. Click here to learn a little more and try it out yourself!
  2. Deep Knee Bends:
    1. I also really liked this exercise when I found it. To do a deep knee bend, you stand up near your desk chair, squat, and hold yourself a few inches above your chair. If you hold this position for 5 seconds and repeat a few times, you start to feel the burn! If you want to read a little more about it click here
  3. Chair twist:
    1. I love this exercise and have actually done this before after I have been sitting at a desk or studying for a few hours. I am bad a hunching in my chair, so I always feel like I need to stretch out my back. This one is also pretty discrete and can be done without many people knowing what you are doing. Here is the link to learn more. 

DEC15-deskyoga4

Comments

Popular Posts