Week 12 Lab: Storybook Research

So... my last story in my nursery rhyme Storybook project is going to include the nursery rhyme Hickory Dickory Dock. Here are a few things that I found that will help me with my last story. 


Most of my illustrations present in my Storybook have been by Denslow, so I think that it is only fitting to end off with an image by him to tie it all together. This photo may look good as my cover photo. However, if it doesn't look good there, I plan to incorporate it into my story. 

File:Hickety Dickety Dock 2 - WW Denslow - Project Gutenberg etext 18546.jpg
(Denslow's Hickory Dickory Dock. Source: Wikimedia Commons)

I also really like this image and want to incorporate it somewhere in my story. I like the simplicity of it...
File:BookOfNurseryRhymes80.jpg
(An illustration from A Book of Nursery Rhymes. Source: Wikimedia Commons)


After researching, I found out that the rhyme is also commonly referred to as "Hickety Dickety Dock". It is also thought by many that the rhyme was based off of an astronomical clock that had a hole below the clock's face where the cat would reside and hunt the mice. Click here to learn more. 

Comments

Popular Posts